Introducing virtual fire camps
They say necessity is the mother of invention. Nothing could be truer than the invention of Virtually Possible, the online introduction to firefighting created by Girls on Fire!
Created in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, Virtually Possible is a virtual fire prevention program and introduction to firefighting principles delivered online.
Our virtual fire camps and customised online programs gives us the opportunity to:
- Operate a functioning contingency program when our face-to-face camps are disrupted by disease or disaster
- Deliver more educational programs to more school leavers and in communities where face-to-face camps are currently unavailable
- Introduce person-centred emergency preparedness to all kinds of communities, including disability inclusive emergency prevention and preparedness principles
- Test the viability of camps and courses with their intended audience to demonstrate demand for further learning at schools, towns and more
- Expand our offerings through virtual fire prevention programs and introduce firefighting and emergency service careers to girls right across Australia and New Zealand
By using the power of the internet, we’ve already introduced fire, emergency and disaster principles to classrooms and communities to a wide variety of girls and young women. And we can help you, too!
How students benefit
Girls on Fire virtual fire camps introduce firefighting and life as emergency service personnel in an engaging and easy-to-follow format.
This includes (but is not limited to):
- An overview of the fire and emergency services
- An introduction to the various roles within emergency services
- How to prepare for and discover which path to take during and post high school
- Fostering resilience as a core capability
- Hearing from a panel of firefighters and emergency personnel and their career journeys
- The opportunity to interact with Emergency Services and ask questions
- Learning more about community safety and volunteering opportunities
Customised to suit student needs
The beauty of the virtual fire prevention programs is that Girls on Fire can be built to match the needs of your school, service or organisation.
Examples of how our Virtually Possible programs can help you include:
- Customised online recruitment programs specific to states and territories and/or particular agencies
- Providing a tangible and practical demonstration of fire and emergency services as a viable career option to school leavers at education department or school level
- Outreach programs run by community stakeholders in remote and regional areas looking to improve youth outcomes for employment and/or as part of crime diversion programs.
We offer full day, half day and micro introduction virtual fire camps to a wide variety of community groups, organisations, government departments, schools and educational institutions.
Want to know more?
Check out this overview of our custom program for the Department of Education and The Regional Industry Education Partnerships (RIEP).